Embedded Software Developer (m/f)
tado° is the European market leader in developing and selling smart products and services to control your climate at home. We are internationally recognised for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design and for being truly open with major smart home platforms. Over 150 employees contribute every day to the success of our company, share their ideas and are part of a dynamic and highly professional value chain. We want to make a difference, challenge our business every day and find new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are!
Our development team is looking for a talented and motivated Embedded Software Developer. As Embedded Developer at tado you will be responsible for getting the heating systems of our customers connected to the internet using the latest 6LoWPAN technology stack. Connecting the heating systems to the internet brings the control algorithms of tado° to life. As Embedded Developer at tado° you have the unique chance to shape the internet of things (IoT) already today. If you are not afraid of challenges and want to achieve a lot in a short period of time, then tado° is the place for you.
You should have an excellent command of the technologies you work with. Moreover, you should be able to structure your tasks and strive for technical perfection. An independent and self-motivated way of working collaboratively at our lab is an integral part of our culture.
- Completed studies in computer science, communications, electrical or control systems engineering; alternatively you have completed an apprenticeship and have a couple of years of work experience
- Profound knowledge of C
- Experience with embedded operating systems, e.g. ContikiOS, TinyOS, RTOS, …
- Excitement for IoT technologies, such as CoAP, 6LoWPAN, HomeKit, RasPi, Particle, ...
- Solid knowledge of serial interface programming / inter device communication
- Experience with Home Automation and/or Heating Systems is an advantage but not required
- Command of the German and English language (English is the team language)
- Preferably experience with Python for tool development
- Preferably experience with ARM Cortex-M processors
- Be part of a fast-growing business within a future-oriented and cutting-edge industry
- Experience an agile, innovative and open-minded working atmosphere with great colleagues
- Benefit from a steep learning curve on a personal and technical level and develop your capabilities every day
- Actively contribute to the success of tado° and help us to reduce the environmental footprint of energy usage worldwide