Solar Electrician (Installer)
Are you an electrician in California? Do you have Solar experience?
If you want to help move the world away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, join the revolution at Sullivan Solar Power!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, PLEASE CALL/TEXT OUR SUPERINTENDENT, PETER CHIANG, AT: (858) 602-6789
We are one of the Top 10 workplaces in San Diego according to San Diego Union Tribune and we are one of the nation's largest and most established solar companies, according to Solar Power World; as well as one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, according to INC Magazine. We are now looking for a Solar Electrician (Installer). This position is for San Diego.
The objective of our Solar Electricians (Installers) is to complete installations of residential/commercial systems throughout Southern California, according to our PV Plans, following the orders of our Foremen, and working as a team to ensure that the highest levels of quality, safety and customer service are maintained and exceeded at all times.
- Work within Southern California installing residential and private commercial Photovoltaic (PV) systems within scheduled timeframe and according to prepared design
- Use knowledge of electrical construction, roofing construction, general construction and NEC codes
- Communicate with Foreman and Superintendet about potential problems encountered during construction that could affect budget or schedule
- Ensure company standards for safety and quality are consistently met and exceeded
- 1+ years of solar experience
- 1+ years of electrical experience
- Understanding of solar design and string configuration
- Understanding of NEC codes
- Must be a member of or be willing to join the IBEW union upon employment
- You are ethical and value driven: you work on the mission of the company with integrity
- Safety and quality go first: you ensure you and your crew consistently meet and exceed our standards
- You have a strong interest in renewable energies, and enjoy training and learning all technical aspects about the products being used
- You understand that customers have questions that go beyond their installation, so you stay on top of the changes and trends in the industry at all times
Physical demands and working environment:
The job may require the employee’s ability to do the following:
- Ability to work four days a week, 10 hours per day (varies depending on scheduling)
- Lift 50 lbs. from ground and pull 50 lbs. of force
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lbs. tool belt
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
While performing duties of this job, the employee must:
- Be able to work on roofs and ladders
- Be able to work outdoors and in the sun
- Have reliable transportation as job sites change week to week
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage offered through the IBEW union
- Sick Time – 5 paid days per year after 90 days of employment
- Company provided clothing
*Sullivan Solar Power reserves the right to change its benefits package at any time, with or without reason, and with or without previous notice.
**Sullivan Solar Power does not and will not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of any of the following, whether actual or perceived or based upon identification or association: race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth (and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military status, veteran status, political activity or affiliation or any other basis protected by law.