Senior Software Engineer ..... Help us build truly connected finance!
Senior Software Engineer
Salary + Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and more than the usual lip service to big data. And that's just for starters. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require world-leading machine learning techniques. This isn't a challenge for the faint hearted and depends on a special team to build this future.
Do we innovate? YES - we’ve invented financial ‘Time Travel’:
We've developed a world first, patent pending feature called GBiT - Go Back in Time - which allows the user 14 days to retrospectively change the card, post-transaction.
Projects/initiatives that we want you to contribute to or lead the charge on:
- Connect platform: building the vision of Curve as a connected platform,integrating seamlessly with best-in-class apps and tools
- Curve SDK & OpenAPI: building an open platform and developer community to create innovative services and tools
- P2P payment: making Curve the smartest way to send and spend money, from any accounts & cards from anywhere
- Open Banking: connecting the financial world for customers by bringing together account data that will enable better financial decisions
- Spend analytics, insights and recommendations: using data and machine learning
- Financial product marketplace: credit, savings and other products and services to improve the financial lives of customers
Our current tech stack includes:
languages: PHP, GO, Java
data: Snowplow, Python for the ETL
our development practises include: TDD, BDD, SCRUM
database: RDBMS (PostgreSQL), Redshift
mobile: Objective-C/Swift, Android, Kotlin
our devops culture includes: CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
What your day will involve:
- Developing, whilst leading a squad in delivering clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code cross-platform, on both client side (iOS/Android) and server side
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the company to rapidly build-measure-learn a world-class product
- Working with our scrum masters to constantly iterate on the company’s development processes
- Leading and motivating the team past roadblocks to make sure we are shipping features as effectively as possible
- Guiding design discussions; being the voice of experience with helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability & performance
- Contributing to the current move away from monolithic architecture to microservices
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
- Keeping a keen eye on the future, whilst making sure we’re proactively but pragmatically tackling technical debt
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of a large array of software languages
- Experience of development practises
- Experience with RDBMS
- Bonus points for real-time low latency high frequency transaction based systems
- Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
- An ability to run/mentor high performance teams
- Demonstrable experience of building large concurrent applications, ideally with microservices
- Experience of developing and shipping mobile apps to the App or Play store
- Experience of developing and running large scale production environments in or closely with DevOps / SRE
- A genuine interest in working in a fast paced startup and ideally Fintech
More About Us:
We're a funded, award winning Fintech startup, headquartered in Shoreditch, with a highly qualified team of circa 40 who hail from over 10 countries.
We are expanding rapidly and are searching for a number of Senior Software Engineers to join our growing team of test automation, mobile, back end, SRE/DevOps and data engineers (circa 18).
What we believe in:
We have a set of values which determine how we make decisions: obsess about the customer experience, think big & innovate, “build, measure & learn” and automate & accelerate. In addition we have values which determine how we work: feel the urgency, train your judgment, collaboration & trust at our core and responsibility to challenge.
Perks of working with us:
- You get to have impact from day one and see what you create go live! “Hello World”...
- Equity for everyone
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- We invest in learning & development and have an annual budget for courses, we also encourage attending and speaking at conferences & meetups
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, personal fitness instruction, massages, etc.
- Breakfast Mondays
- Lunch & Learn Fridays - we're all about knowledge transfer especially over great food!
- Owning your own projects
- Other essentials - lots of free food and drinks
Start a conversation by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or just click 'Apply'
We are currently not in a position to offer sponsorship.