Senior Product Engineer
Role and Responsibilities
- Champions engineering activities associated with design, development and launch of new products and technology. Participates in, evaluates and recommends - manufacturing process, FMEA and quality control plans.
- Leads development of Technical proposals including, analyzing requirements, and developing design alternatives including manufacturing and estimating cost. Conducts design & manufacturing feasibility studies, research’s and develops alternatives. Presents technical case internally and acts as Technical liaison to Sales team
- Leads and/or participates in technical resolution for issues related with product design, manufacturing, quality and/or field failures. Employs 8D methodology and other Lean tools in problem solving.
- Champion’s product & process innovation, VAVE, Cost Improvements as assigned.
- Promotes technical understanding and knowledge of associated products and applications by staying abreast with industry & academic development, participating in and conducts knowledge sharing sessions and, employ/develop engineering standards.
- Independently organize and develop test plans, procedure, conduct planned tests and analyze data for design guidance/problem solving
- Efficiently & effectively employs Engineering & Productivity tools (such as MS-office, CAD, FEA and planning (ERP)
Preferred Skills, COMPETENCIES & Knowledge
From design concepts to production print;
Use CAD software such as Solidworks (preferred), FEA and other Statistical & Engineering tools
Employ engineering analysis
Hand/computer calculations, FEA impericals, relations to manufacturability of designed part
Understanding and knowldegable of product development and testing
Endurance, durability, and fatigue life validation
CI/ Lean knowledge or experience
Office productivity tools such as MS-Office, Excel, Word etc.
Knowledgeable of manufacturing processes and machinery, automation and metal forming techniques
Working knowledge of Quality control principles and problem solving methods (8D, 5Whys etc.)
Must be a team player who can self manage, deal with difficult people & situations, handle multiple priorities, learning on fly and guide / mentor others.
Additional Notes: This position is an individual contributor working in team environment with cross functional members
12+years industry experience
Spring, wire form, stamping design , development and applications experience
Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline required
Masters degree preferred
If you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring and Stamping, they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package.Within our benefits package; affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you), 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules.
For information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), please follow this link: http://www.dol.gov/whd/polygraph/