Product Design Director
Flocabulary is a rapidly growing edtech company that uses music to drive student achievement and foster a love of learning. Students in more than 20,000 schools use our rap songs and interactive learning tools to master academic content. Our product and work reflect our strong belief that a motivated student is a successful student.
The Product Design Director will report to the Chief Product Officer. As the head of design on our growing team, you will set the vision for design across our various product groups, recruit and mentor designers, and get your hands dirty designing solutions with our product team.
Who You Are:
You're an experienced designer with a passion for user experience, branding and designing for the web. You’ve built and managed successful design teams. You love user-friendly designs that are a joy to behold. You’re equally comfortable diving into the details and zooming out to the big picture and vision. You're eager to use your skills to help students and teachers.
- Recruit and build an outstanding product design team
- Provide mentorship and direction for designers
- Lead the charge on building the design team’s culture and processes
- Create wireframes and prototypes for feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Build finalized designs and collaborate with developers to bring them to life
- Unify our brand vision
- 8+ years of design experience and 4+ years leading and managing teams
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can take the lead on big projects or play a support role
- Strong portfolio focused on web design
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Company stock options
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Office in Dumbo means easy access to our roofdeck, parks and waterfront with postcard views