Scientist/Engineer - Computational Microscopy
The Advanced Optical Microscopy platform within CZ Biohub is seeking a Scientist/Engineer to design and build scalable optical and computational technologies for biological imaging.
Our current research focuses on two areas: A) Design of scalable approaches for imaging sub-cellular architecture and molecular dynamics in cells, organoids, and tissues. B) Imaging the biogenesis of viruses in host cells to enable discovery of novel therapeutic opportunities.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Opportunity to invent and optimize scalable imaging and computational methods to advance knowledge of human biology and diseases.
- Dynamic and collaborative environment. We collaborate with Biohub’s research teams focused on Human Cell Atlas, Infectious Diseases, Bioengineering, Genome Editing, and Data Sciences. Biohub has established partnerships with bay area universities (UCSF, Stanford, UC Berkeley), Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, and research institutes across the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with the experience.
- Conceiving, modeling, and optimizing imaging systems.
- Building, calibrating, and automating microscopes.
- Developing algorithms for retrieval of physical properties of the specimen from multi-dimensional data.
- Collaborative biological experiments.
- PhD or MS in engineering, physics, biophysics, bioengineering, or a related discipline with relevant research experience. Candidates with MS are expected to have at least 3 years of research experience.
- Experience in optical system design, Fourier optics, and scientific programming is a must.
- Experience in combining imaging and computation (e.g., multi-spectral imaging, novel contrast methods, super-resolution microscopy, single-molecule analysis, adaptive optics) is highly desirable.
- Experience in collaborative biological research is highly desirable.