Scientist/Engineer - Computational Microscopy
Led by Shalin Mehta, the Advanced Optical Microscopy platform at the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub pursues measurement of physical properties of biological systems with increasing precision, resolution, and throughput. We exploit diverse light-matter interactions and algorithms to measure architecture and dynamics of molecules, organelles, cells, organoids, and tissues.
We are recruiting a Scientist/Engineer to design scalable optical systems and algorithms for label-free imaging of organelles in live cells and organoids.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Resources to invent imaging and computational methods that advance knowledge of biology and diseases.
- A collegial and collaborative environment consisting of diverse expertise. We collaborate with Biohub’s research teams focused on Infectious Diseases, Cell Atlas, Bioengineering, Genome Editing, and Data Science.
- Access to collaborators, resources and facilities at UCSF, Berkeley and Stanford.
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with the experience.
- Conceiving, modeling, and optimizing computational microscopy approaches for label-free imaging.
- Developing algorithms for retrieval of physical properties of the specimen from multi-dimensional data.
- Collaborating with Biohub’s Data Science team on scaling up analysis and deployment.
- Collaborative biological experiments.
Willingness to learn new skills, ability to innovate, passion for biological discovery, and collaborative approach to science. Prior experience in 3D label-free microscopy is preferred, but not mandatory.
- PhD or MS in engineering, physics, biophysics, bioengineering, or a related discipline. Candidates with MS are expected to have at least 3 years of research experience.
- Expertise in wave optics and optical system design.
- Expertise in deconvolution via constrained optimization or machine learning.
- Expertise in analyzing multi-dimensional data.
- Experience in polarized light microscopy, phase microscopy, non-linear microscopy, optical coherence tomography or related field.
- Experience working with live specimens.
- Demonstrated experience of addressing biological questions with imaging based assays.
This opportunity is full-time only. No contractors, consultancies or recruiters will be considered. CZ Biohub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.