Technical Customer Care Associate (Contractor Part Time)
This is a part-time contract 1099 position for a United States-based candidate. Initially the job will be approximately 10-30 hours per week with some flexibility in schedule.
Reporting to the Roost Director of Customer Care, the Customer Care Associate will be part of a passionate and focused start-up in the smart-home space. You'll join a remote team that makes it easy for customers to increase the comfort and safety of their loved ones in their homes by using Roost Smart Home Devices. The Customer Care Associate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will be responsible for delighting our customers every day as we build lifetime loyal relationships. Our Customer Care Associates are strong internal advocates for Roost’s end customer — their needs, delights, feedback and concerns. You will be responsible for daily support interactions with our end-user customers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to make responsible and independent decisions keeping the best interest of your customers and company in mind
- Work with multiple customers via email, chat or phone on a daily basis to:
- Provide them information
- Point them to resources
- Help them use our products successfully
- Create a simple, hassle free experience
- Empathize with any customer frustration and show them that you care
- Utilize standard in-house customer success tools, meeting metrics that you and your manager agree upon
- Follow all in-house processes and actively suggest improvements
- Understanding of technology products (smartphones, smart home devices, basic aspects of Wi-Fi networks, general consumer electronics). Previous work experience supporting technical products is a plus!
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 1-4 years of customer support experience
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated problem-solving capability
- Experience working with support systems, self-service knowledge bases and all tools associated with this type of technology. Knowledge of Zendesk, Desk.com or similar system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, email and Skype
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Docs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Passionate, positive, organized and self-starter
- Available 10-30 hours/week during standard business hours (8 am – 5 pm M-F) in your time zone. Some flexibility on start and end hours may be possible.
- Team player who wants to help our customer support team rock!
Hourly pay commensurate with experience.