Commercial Project Developer
If you want to help move the world away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, join the revolution at Sullivan Solar Power!
We are the best solar power company and one of the Top workplaces in San Diego according to San Diego Union Tribune. We are also one of the nation's largest and most established solar companies, according to Solar Power World, and one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, according to INC Magazine. We are now looking for a Commercial Project Developer. This position is for our San Diego headquarters.
The objective of our Commercial Project Developers is to achieve their assigned quotas by creating solar advocates: educating commercial partners on the benefits and options of going solar, while maintaining the Sullivan Solar Power brand and mission.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales quotas for assigned area
- Conduct site evaluations for potential customers, and educate them with accurate and ethical information on the benefits of going solar and their options
- Work on ladders and roofs to take measurements, pictures and videos for project management purposes
- Design initial PV plans on AutoCAD for installation purposes
- Analyze potential customers’ current and projected electrical usage, and expected ROI
- Provide customers with cost estimates
- Negotiate contracts while maintaining and developing the Sullivan Solar Power brand and mission
- Work with the Project Management team to communicate customers’ requests and installation details
- Update the company CRM on a daily basis
- Consistently prospect for and qualify leads, building your referral network and supporting our marketing efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist other Sullivan Solar Power employees as needed
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical Engineering, Business, Finance or other related fields
- Two years of experience in the specification, sales, design and analysis of commercial photovoltaic systems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and experience
- Proven track record in closing sales and creating a referral network
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency on AutoCAD
- Excellent analytical skills with knowledge of finance concepts such as ROI, NPV, and Payback
- Understanding of general construction, electricity and electrical contracting; ability to read, understand, and edit electrical and structural plans
- Knowledge of the solar marketplace, technology and industry
- You are ethical and value driven: you work on the mission of the company with integrity
- You have an engineering mindset with a passion for interacting and communicating with people
- You understand the difference in negotiating with individuals and businesses
- You understand that no one likes to be sold anything. However, you believe that people like to know the benefits of things that save them money and do something good for our society and the environment
- You have a strong interest in renewable energies, and enjoy learning all the technical aspects about the products being used
- You understand that customers have questions that go beyond their installation, so you stay on top of the changes and trends in the industry all times
- You love San Diego and its local community, and you have a strong desire to move this place away from the fossil fuel industry
- NABCEP Accredited Company: one of the only nine companies in the US who have achieved this certification. Sullivan Solar Power will help you achieve it as well!
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time Off – (Vacation accrual starts immediately)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage: HMO and PPO options
- Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Travel Assistance Plan
- Paid Identity Theft Plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependents
- Company provided clothing
- Great company events
- Past examples of events for team members:
- Chartered Yacht cruise to view fireworks in San Diego Bay on July 4th
- Holiday party at the Hotel Del Coronado
- Float in San Diego St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- “Surfing” contests at the Wavehouse in San Diego
- Company cruises to Mexico!
- Past examples of events for team members:
*Sullivan Solar Power reserves the right to change its benefits package at any time, with or without reason, and with or without previous notice.
Sullivan Solar Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the following, whether actual or perceived or based upon identification or association: race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth (and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military status, veteran status, political activity or affiliation or any other basis protected by law.