This will be a split shift position in our shipping department. Hours after training, which will be on 1st shift, will be until 7:00pm Monday - Friday. Start times may vary due to overtime.
- Responsible for visually inspecting and packing items for shipment.
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Binds containers with proper material, i.e. tape.
- Weighs parts for count.
- Makes and applies identifying information (labels) and shipping instructions onto containers.
- Ensures information is accurate and conforms to order.
- Load and Unload Trucks with fork truck
- High School or equivalent.
- Experience in shipping and packing
- Must be detail oriented
- Have basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to work independently to accomplish daily tasks
- Be able to meet and keep up with packing requirements
If you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring and Stamping, they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package.Within our benefits package; affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you), 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules.
Being located in the wonderful Muskegon County has many benefits. Muskegon County, bordering the shores of Lake Michigan offers many attractions to its visitors such as, boating, camping, beach strolling, biking, cross-country skiing trails, an ice skating rink, snow shoeing and a luge run.
For information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), please follow this link: http://www.dol.gov/whd/polygraph/