Full Stack Engineer
Want to be Trustify's Full Stack Engineer?
We are looking for a qualified full stack engineer to join our Engineering team. You will be responsible for developing the ‘investigator-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and user needs into functional and interactive applications.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment and If you're looking for your big break - an opportunity to contribute to a world-class product - this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment for our company, ensuring a great user experience.
Help us refine and redesign the experience of hiring a Private Investigator
Like every fast-growing startup, we have our strengths and weaknesses, and we need someone who can fill in the gaps.
Our current team kicks ass at:
- Lean startup experimentation
- Data-driven decision making
- Testing ideas with and without code
- Learning how to do things we've never done before
Where we need your help now
Your role at Trustify is critically important. You will help us continue to refine and redesign the onboarding & web app experience for our private investigators. Most of our investigators have never utilized technology in their work before, so this will be a challenging but rewarding experience that will test your knowledge & experience to disrupt an industry that hasn't changed since Abraham Lincoln was president.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Build advanced web applications
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Collaborate with product owner & UI/UX designers
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Are you the right person for this job?
- Proven work experience as a computer software engineer or developer
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Experience writing well structured code
Do you want to be at the ground level?
This is an opportunity to work through the major business challenges facing any startup. You'll have the support of experienced co-workers and amazing customers but most of the strategic decisions are ahead of us.
You'll play a key role in finding the answers.
Can you do strategic & hands-on work?
All of us contribute as an individual. If you want to manage an engineering team on day one, it is probably not a good time yet to join Trustify.
Can you ... (fill in the blank)?
We are a startup. As the first full stack engineering hire, you have the opportunity to define your own job and decide what is most important for the company to do to hit our goals. Of course we expect that you will take advantage of your own experience and skills in doing so.
If you can demonstrate that your efforts will help us achieve our goals, we're behind you 100%.
Where? How much?
We're located in Crystal City, just outside of Washington, DC. We expect that you'll be collaborating with us in the office most days.
- Competitive salary
- 8 for 8 community service policy
- Casual attire
- PTO, sick days, your birthday off, and a full holiday schedule
- Health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Long term and short term disability, and life insurance fully paid
Could this be your resume in 2021?
Startups are not for everyone. If you value fancy desks and a comfortable pace you won't be happy here.
But if you've been looking for your big break, this could be the job for you. Do you want your resume to say the following in 5 years?
- First full-time Full Stack Engineer hire at Trustify.
- Better still, do you want to look back on your time at Trustify as a special experience where you worked with other passionate people?
- Where you helped create a unique company culture?
- Where you worked with co-workers who helped each other become even better?