Reference Data Consultant (remote)
First San Francisco Partners is a business advisory and enterprise information management (EIM) consultancy, dedicated to helping companies leverage their data to improve strategic decision making, reduce risk, create operational efficiencies and fuel unprecedented business success. Our services span data governance, data quality strategies, data management architecture, master data management strategy and implementation, analytics and big data.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
We have an immediate opening for a Reference Data Consultant. The consultant is expected to establish enterprise-level processes for managing Reference Data, which is otherwise known as code tables, domains, or look-ups. These duties will be carried out jointly with a technical team that is building the infrastructure for a Golden Copy of reference data.
Duties will include:
- Develop, gain approval for, and implement processes to:
- Discover and select external standards for reference data.
- Profile and acquire external standards
- Manage subscriptions, both paid and unpaid, to external reference.
- On boarding and ingesting external reference data
- Customize externally acquired reference data.
- Ensure externally acquired reference data is kept up to date.
- Identify internal reference data sets and their stakeholders.
- Govern internal reference data sets
- Ensure managing changes to internal reference data sets
- Distribution of reference data
- Ensure the quality of reference data is high in systems that use it (e.g. periodic reconciliation to the Golden Copy)
- Manage semantics of reference data (particularly definitions and instructions for use)
- Manage errors and issues with reference data
- Monitor use of reference data to provide statistics and metrics to senior management
- Engage with work with both business and IT Stakeholder.
.Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience working with Reference Data
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- A demonstrated track record of making a difference and adding value.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to work and adjust to changing deadlines.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to develop relationships across the organization, working cross functionally to get results.
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified fashion to facilitate understanding.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field.