Senior Software Engineer
Trustify is the first technology platform to connect clients across the United States to the only nationwide network of highly trained, vetted private investigators. Our company was founded on the premise that it would have a social mission, be fully data-driven and built by the most talented and diverse team. A business that would be different; one built to last, one incorporating all of the values our founders and employees hold dear, and one making a true difference in the community.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You're comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and stakeholders - making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable, working software to our users. You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we can improve and fix. Above all, you evaluate your success by the success of your team and users.
Our current team kicks ass at:
- Lean startup methodologies/experimentation
- Data-driven decision making
- Testing ideas with and without code
- Learning how to do things we've never done before
Where we need your help now
Your role at Trustify is critically important. You will help us continue to refine and redesign the onboarding & web app experience for our private investigators, consumers and businesses looking to use Trustify for Trust and Security verification. At Trustify, software is a practice of continuous evolution. This is not a place of heroics, death marches, and feature schedules. This is a place of iteration, adaption, experimentation within a small team of competent people who want to make a difference.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and development of stories that make intelligence and investigation services available to “the 99%”
- Execute full life-cycle software development
- Build advanced web applications
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Collaborate with product owner & UI/UX designers
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Deliver robust, fault tolerant, production-ready code that passes all tests and confidentiality deploys on a daily basis
- Rich, hands-on experience with test-driven development within agile environments
- 5+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of software development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Excellent C programming experience, good at [Python|Java|Golang]
- We use React.js, Python, Ruby – Desired experience but can be trained
- Experience shipping native mobile products
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience implementing and executing CI/CD on AWS
- Understanding/experience with SaaS and or machine learning and algorithms
- Experience working directly with clients and leading projects
- Passion for growing your skill and tackling interesting work/challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Do you want to be at the ground level?
This is an opportunity to work through the major business challenges facing any startup. You'll have the support of experienced co-workers and amazing customers but most of the strategic decisions are ahead of us. You'll play a key role in finding the answers.
Where? How much?
- We're located in Crystal City, just outside of Washington, DC. We expect that you'll be collaborating with us in the office most days.
- Competitive salary
- 8 for 8 community service policy
- Casual attire
- PTO, sick days, your birthday off, and a full holiday schedule
- Health benefits – medical, dental, and vision
- Long term and short term disability, and life insurance fully paid
Could this be your resume in 2021?
Startups are not for everyone. If you value fancy desks and a comfortable pace you won't be happy here however if you've been looking for your big break, this could be the job for you. Do you want your resume to say the following in 5 years?
Senior Software Engineer that played a key role in building consumer facing products. Better still, do you want to look back on your time at Trustify as a special experience where you worked with other passionate people? Where you helped create a unique company culture? Where you made a difference in the community?