Cogstate Inc., (www.cogstate.com) is recruiting neuropsychologists internationally as consultants to help provide reviews of neuropsychological tests, which have been administered to subjects during pharmaceutical clinical trials studies. Bilingual licensed psychologists (English + an additional language, with high written and spoken proficiency in both), specializing in neuropsychology, with a minimum 2 years’ experience with dementia patients, are preferred. We are particularly interested in recruiting neuropsychologists who are fluent in French.
We are seeking consultants to assist with rater certification and with the central monitoring process (reviewing completed neuropsychological tests for accuracy in administration and scoring, coaching raters on clinical interviewing skills). For some studies there may be additional types of work available, such as direct 1:1 training of raters via either Skype or a site visit.
The Local Expert Advisor (LEAD) will be a bilingual, clinical psychologist or neuropsychologist in a consulting role in global clinical trials delivering reviews of completed neuropsychological test batteries, which have been administered to subjects during international pharmaceutical clinical trials. Cogstate provides all consultants with comprehensive (compensated) training on general Cogstate operational policies and study-specific procedures prior to performing reviews. Weekly time commitment and work flow vary by study and language demand as well as consultant availability.
- Offering expert opinion to Cogstate’s operational and science teams on culture-specific aspects of the paper and pencil assessment process
- Provide input in translation and cultural validation of tests
- Translate response forms into English
- Assist in local rater training and certification
- Coach raters on clinical interviewing skills, standardized administration and scoring practices
- Additional types of work for select studies may include direct 1:1 training of raters via either Skype or a site visit
- Lead face to face training of raters at local investigator meeting
- Providing reviews of completed neuropsychological test batteries for central monitoring of data to ensure accuracy in administration and scoring and contribute to the overall success of a clinical trial
- Review response forms coming from local sites and offer feedback to those raters via email and telephone communications
- Liasing with and offering support to personnel at local sites
- Cogstate time commitment for consultants varies per study and fluctuates from week to week, however, we are generally seeking consultants would be able to provide approximately 8 hours of work per week. This type of consultation work can be performed from home or anywhere internet access is available. Communications, training and review assignments are delivered via email.
- Compensation is determined on a study-by-study basis and will be calculated based on the nature of the task, consultants’ degree and experience.
- If you are interested in the consultant position OR you know of suitable candidates, please reply in English via email to Svenja Wacker, PhD, Clinician Network Manager at Cogstate, New Haven, Connecticut, USA. She can be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include a copy of your CV (in English and indicate your availability (dates and number of hours/week) in your initial email.
- Any interested parties should send their CV for review and complete our experience questionnaire, which can be accessed here:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CogstateLEADs, and takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- MD, PhD or equivalent degree in clinical psychology/neuropsychology/neuropsychiatry or behavioural neurology
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with neuropsychological assessment in clinical research industry, academic or clinical settings
- Experience with cognitive assessment of dementia and/or psychiatric populations
- Bilingual, licensed psychologists (English + one or more additional language(s), with high written and spoken proficiency in both, native and second languages (most desirable language include German, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Chinese/Mandarin and Japanese at this time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and conflict resolution
- Ability to meet deadlines, being highly organized and methodical, with attention to detail to ensure delivery
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, email, Skype, cloud-based storage service and software installation (review work requires MS Office Excel 2010 or newer).