Service Desk Analyst
Why work at Camelot?
We currently turnover nearly £7billion per year - it may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.750 people. This means that every one of us has a part to play and make a difference.
Camelot changes lives for the better - not just for the many millionaire winners we create but with the £30 million a week we raise to thousands of good cause projects across the UK.
National-lottery.co.uk is one of the UK’s top e-commerce sites - this is measured by web traffic and we have almost 9.5 million registered players. We also operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including the iconic Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you'll make a difference?
- Accept tickets via a variety of channels, including email, telephone, system alerts, self-serve and walk-ups; performing triage and capturing high-quality information needed to manage all IT related incidents and service requests throughout their lifecycle in accordance with the service level targets agreed with the customer, ensuring the user is kept up to date, and satisfied with the resolution
- Work closely with the Incident Manager and Problem Manager to identify recurrent incidents
- Document known-errors, work-arounds, FAQs and other knowledge-base articles to help drive efficiency and effectiveness; allowing the Service Desk to fix more incidents and fulfil more requests at first contact and minimise the number of tickets being passed to the 2nd & 3rd line support teams
- Monitor the response and fix targets of all tickets, escalating to the appropriate manager when applicable
- Create, delete and amend user accounts across all systems
- Perform file and network management tasks as requested
- Log and monitor support calls with 3rd parties ensuring calls are fixed within SLAs
- Analyse calls to identify user-training requirements and feed this back to the relevant Service Manager
- Work with other teams to identify “Runbook” tasks which the Service Desk can perform on a routine basis, including (but not limited to) Infrastructure, Desktop and InfoSec
- Whenever time permits, and in agreement with the Team Lead, perform “floor-walking” to help promote IT, build relationships and make IT support readily accessible to users
What you'll bring to the table?
- Knowledge of troubleshooting a range of business systems including standard off-the-shelf packages and proprietary systems
- At least one experience of supporting 1000+ users in a formal Service Desk environment
- Knowledge of fault fixing using remote admin tools
- Have previously achieved “Helpdesk/ Service Desk Analyst” certification
- Experience of ITIL to a foundation level
What we’ll give you?
We look after our people. There’s a competitive bonus and benefits scheme, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme. Thinking about your health? No probs - we’ll give you full private medical cover and 50% off your annual gym membership. Finally, we keep it fun. We work with a smile on our faces with loads of social activities, team nights out and outdoor bonding events.