QA Automation Engineer
We’re looking for a dedicated multidisciplinary QA engineer to join the JustPark team and help take our product to the next level.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy - helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it - and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers - with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry - and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with a copious holiday package, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we think you might too.
As our QA Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for quality across the full test lifecycle of our products - web, apps and hardware products.
- Define and follow test plans, automating them where appropriate.
- Become an authority on our products, getting stuck in with manual testing to ensure all requirements are met.
- Be an advocate for product quality; actively participating in planning, bug triage and standup meetings.
You should have the following qualities and experience:
- 3+ years in a software testing role working on web or native products.
- You have an incredible attention to detail, very little gets past your watchful eyes.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and have no qualms about telling engineers if they're wrong.
- Deep knowledge of automation testing frameworks, using an object-orientated programming language.
- You are competent at self-diagnosing technical issues, for instance: examining API responses, logs or using browser developer tools.
- You're able to wield basic SQL to query and manipulate test data.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Written production-ready tests with Appium.
- Worked in a team which is used to the dynamic nature of continuous delivery.
- A salary that is actually competitive
- Comprehensive stock options to match
- A very generous holiday package
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Laptop of your choice, you'll just need to let us know whether you prefer Windows or MacOS
- External training, conferences, and professional development sponsored by the company
- Quarterly team Away Days
- Early finish Friday for team drinks
- A monthly allowance to spend on parking at JustPark spaces
N.B - Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK for this role.