If you want to help move the world away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, join the revolution at Sullivan Solar Power!
We are the best solar power company and one of the Top workplaces in San Diego according to San Diego Union Tribune. We are also one of the nation's largest and most established solar companies, according to Solar Power World, and one of the fastest-growing companies in the US, according to INC Magazine. We are now looking for a Project Manager. This position is for our San Diego headquarters.
Complete projects on time, under budget, within scope, and efficiently while ensuring there is constant and effective communication with customers and the Sullivan Solar Power team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve quarterly and yearly installation quotas for assigned area
- Provide customers with design schematics, pre-construction evaluations, installation time-frames and system authorization status
- Acquire permits from AHJ's
- Schedule crews on a regular basis and solve logistics and communication issues
- Prepare material and equipment orders for each project
- Conduct pre-construction meetings and onsite kick-offs
- Review system commissioning reports and confirm system performance for the first few weeks following utility authorization
- Collect and process customer payments for system installations
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist other Sullivan employees as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the specification, analysis and installation of photovoltaic systems
- Strong electrical and general construction background, and field experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Expert fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD
- Ability to read, understand, and edit electrical and structural plans
- Knowledgeable of the National Electric Code (NEC) and jurisdiction requirements
- Extensive experience with permit acquisition
- Expert fluency in PV code compliance
- Skilled in field crew coordination
- You are ethical and value driven: you work on the mission of the company with integrity
- Safety and quality go first: you ensure you and your crew consistently meet and exceed our standards
- You have a tireless personal initiative, an entrepreneurial nature that drives you toward solution and results
- You understand how important it is for project managers to communicate, all the time. Your organization skills make this easy, and not only you know where you stand with any of your projects at any given time, but your knowledge is reflected in your reports as well
- You have the ability to prioritize and change from one project to another as the schedule requires
- While your duties as a project manager might not drive you to the field as frequently as you desire, you still make time to visit installations, check in with crews in person, and make sure everybody is on the same page
- You absolutely love making customers happy, and you enjoy your conversations with them. You are ready to answer any technical questions and represent the company with your knowledge and core values
- You have a strong desire to end with the global conflict that is a result of the business of the fossil fuel industry
The job may require the employee’s ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs. from ground and pull 50 lbs. of force
- Perform ladder climbing, work on rooftops
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel
- NABCEP Accredited Company: one of the only nine companies in the US who have achieved this certification. Sullivan Solar Power will help you achieve it as well!
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Time Off – (Vacation accrual starts immediately)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage: HMO and PPO options
- Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Travel Assistance Plan
- Paid Identity Theft Plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependents
- Company provided clothing
- Great company events
- Past examples of events for team members:
- Chartered Yacht cruise to view fireworks in San Diego Bay on July 4th
- Holiday party at the Hotel Del Coronado
- Float in San Diego St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- “Surfing” contests at the Wavehouse in San Diego
- Company cruises to Mexico!
- Past examples of events for team members:
*Sullivan Solar Power reserves the right to change its benefits package at any time, with or without reason, and with or without previous notice.
Sullivan Solar Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the following, whether actual or perceived or based upon identification or association: race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, pregnancy or childbirth (and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military status, veteran status, political activity or affiliation or any other basis protected by law. Sullivan Solar Power complies with all applicable laws regarding the privacy of applicants, employees, and customers.