Site Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the JustPark team and help us take our product to the next level. This is a contracted position, with possibility for extension.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy - helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it - and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers - with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry - and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with a copious holiday package, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we believe you might too.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at JustPark your responsibilities would include:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by advocating for changes that improve system reliability and development velocity.
- Provide on-call out-of-hours support for production systems.
You should have the following qualities and experience:
- 3+ years experience building first-class systems in a corporate or start-up environment.
- Deep knowledge of AWS services, you should know your EC2 from your ECS, CloudFront from your CloudFormation; and your RDS from your EBS.
- You are an authority on operating SQL servers of various flavours and have also worked with other paradigms such as NoSQL, key-value and graph databases.
- Running, wrangling and provisioning linux servers; we use Alpine, Debian and Ubuntu
- Strong drive for automation, almost anything you do more than once is automated
- Deploying and orchestrating Docker containers in production environments.
- You protect your infrastructure like a proud parent, wrapping it in multiple layers of security and applying patches promptly.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working at a growing startup.
- AWS Associate or Professional certification.
- Relevant experience with the following technologies:
- VoIP, specifically Asterisk
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Terraform or CloudFormation
- Grafana, Kibana or Prometheus
- Hashicorp Vault
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Early finish Friday for team drinks
- A monthly allowance to spend on parking at JustPark spaces
N.B - Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK for this role.