Communications and Outreach Specialist
Support and participate in National Preparedness Month activities to include National Preparedness Day Fair, OEM PrepareAthon Roadshows, etc. promoting emergency preparedness. Support drafting and clearing marketing and promotional products. Ensure A/OEM’s website (ePrepare), is a dynamic, up-to-date repository of all pertinent Department Preparedness information. Explore, implement, and maintain appropriate Social Media platforms. Support the writing, clearance and posting of Department Notices to ensure all are completed on time with no errors. Support and maintain the A/OEM Emergency Preparedness Guides, which convey important emergency preparedness and emergency actions information that is easy to access. Support and participate in OEM sponsored speaking engagements. Support other OEM related outreach efforts.
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will:
- Drafting articles, memos, Department Notices articulating OEM preparedness efforts and programs
- Updates, monitors, and maintains OEM’s outreach social media accounts as part of Digital Engagement 1.0 (Corridor, Diplopedia, Communities @ State, Sounding Board, AskOEM)
- Oversees the OEM ePrepare website migration to SharePoint
- Conducts research, planning, and training on public facing social media platforms
- Helps plan, prepare, and organize OEM Preparedness Roadshow events (2xlocal and 1xremote location per month)
- Develops and maintains OEM Outreach resources (currently working the new OEM brochure with TT&E)
- Will be trained to support the Emergency Management Center as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinate and host monthly preparedness events at State Department facilities to educate employees on emergency preparedness.
- Support the Outreach Team Lead in planning travel roadshows outside of the National Capital Region.
- Develop localized outreach materials for each roadshow highlighting important resources and preparedness topics specific to the region
- o Support the Department’s role in America’s PrepareAthon!, an Inter-Agency national preparedness campaign lead by the White House.
- o Network and build Inter-Agency working relationships with outreach and emergency management professionals to share ideas and best practices on
- o Lead the annual National Preparedness Fair effort every September with participation from the Inter-agency.
• All-Hazards Support:
- o Support the Office of Emergency Management (OEM) during all-hazards emergencies including, but not limited to, the IMT, and FEMA NRCC personnel that are activated to respond the disaster.
- o This support includes, but is not limited to: weekly activity tracking of international assistance, personnel accountability, and responding to the Division Director in a variety of ways.
Execute other duties that may be assigned to this contract by the Project Manager and On-Site Lead.
- Possess a Top Secret security clearance and be SCI eligible.
- Bachelor degree in a related field; and/or three (3) years of related experience of increased responsibility in a related field.
- Strong computer literacy to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-task and set priorities.
- Analyze and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Flexible to rapidly changing environment.
- Familiar and knowledgeable with SharePoint?
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Company benefits available.