Senior Dev-Ops Engineer
Trustify is the first technology platform to connect clients across the United States to the only nationwide network of highly trained, vetted private investigators. Our company was founded on the premise that it would have a social mission, be fully data-driven and built by the most talented and diverse team. A business that would be different; one built to last, one incorporating all the values our founders and employees hold dear, and one making a true difference in the community.
Do you want to be Trustify's Senior Dev-Ops Engineer?
If you obsess over server response times, craft perfect bash scripts, and think that your preferred Linux distribution is the best tool for the job, we think you’d love to work with us! We are a technology-driven group who constantly strives to use the best engineering tools available to build a cutting-edge product.
Help us refine and redesign the experience of hiring a Private Investigator
Like every fast-growing startup, we have our strengths and weaknesses, and we need someone who can fill in the gaps.
Our current team kicks ass at:
- Lean startup experimentation
- Data-driven decision making
- Testing ideas with and without code
- Learning how to do things we've never done before
Where we need your help now
Your role at Trustify is critically important. You will help us continue to refine and redesign the experience of hiring and engaging with a private investigator. Most of our customers have never hired a private investigator before, and many are at a vulnerable point in their lives. We want to make it as worry-free as possible for them.
- Optimize our stack for performance and fault tolerance
- Build out logging and monitoring systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization
- Design and implement security policies across the stack
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies to accomplish any of the above goal
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
- Provide engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture
- Maintain technical documentation
Are you the right person for this job?
- Strong familiarity with the features and challenges of utilizing Amazon Web Services
- Experience administering Linux servers
- Strong familiarity with MySQL configuration, optimization, master slave replication, and backup
- Automation experience (Chef or Puppet or similar)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Travis CI, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience setting up logging and monitoring for web servers and related services
- Ability to design, test, and ultimately implement a disaster recovery plan
- 4+ years' experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in software engineering, computer science, or computer & information systems
Do you want to be at the ground level?
This is an opportunity to work through the major business challenges facing any startup. You'll have the support of experienced co-workers and amazing customers but most of the strategic decisions are ahead of us.
You'll play a key role in finding the answers.
Where? How much?
We're located in Crystal City, just outside of Washington, DC. We expect that you'll be collaborating with us in the office most days.
- Competitive salary
- 8 for 8 community service policy
- Casual attire
- PTO, sick days, your birthday off, and a full holiday schedule
- Health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Long term and short term disability, and life insurance fully paid