Family Visitation Monitors Full-time or Part-time
Part-time (≤ 20 hours a week)
Assist families in building and strengthening their bonds and building healthy relationships!
Casa de Amparo's Family Services Center provides a neutral, supervised setting for North County parents who have been separated from their children as a result of child abuse or neglect, enabling regular visits and positive interactions and eventual reunification. In addition, Private Pay Visitation Monitoring and Exchange helps families during times of transition by promoting healthy contact and interactions between children and family members in a supervised setting. Our goal is to promote the wellbeing of the child/children and family by providing supervised visitation designed to build or maintain strong secure family bonds.
- Resources and education to promote healthy family relationships, which will ultimately promote family reunification
- Reduction of trauma associated with separation
- A nurturing, safe environment that enhances family interaction
- Feedback to families and social workers regarding progress or concerns with parenting skills, interactions and the reunification plan
The Visitation Monitor provides education, support, behavioral intervention and transportation for children and families involved in the Supervised Visitation Program. Promotes the needs of the child and family while supporting the physical safety and well-being of children birth-17 years.
1. Provide Supervision of Family Visitations for clients.
2. Provide Monitored Family Visitation in a multi-family setting for clients.
3. Provide education and services which support reunification of families during the transition from foster care or group home back into placement in parent's home.
4. Be knowledgeable of the client's personal, parental, and familial goals for the visitation process.
5. Provide supervision and support to volunteers.
6. Attend all required staff meetings, trainings, and in-services as assigned.
7.Provide support to families in their attempt to obtain needed services in their communities.
8. Provide crisis intervention and support to families in need.
9. Report and document Suspected Child Abuse per mandated reporting requirements.
10. Provide transportation as needed for families involved in the program.
11. Maintain paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
12. Perform other administrative/program tasks as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:Assures that children will visit with family members in a safe and educational environment that improves the likelihood of successful reunification. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by his/her supervisor. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary. This job description is not a written contract.
Federal Clearances -- FBI, DOJ and CACI are required for this position (all previous criminal convictions will be reported, even if "expunged"). If you have an active CCL exemption for all 3 clearances, you may be eligible for a clearance transfer. Casa de Amparo will not process exemptions for applicants.
- Experience in child and family social services
- Must exhibit conflict resolution and prevention skills.
- Must be professional with the ability to effectively set limits and function in a crisis-oriented situation.
- Must possess maturity, good judgment and the ability to work independently.
- Must be a positive role model for children ages birth-17 and their families.
- Must be proficient in English and have clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comply with employment requirements, including but not limited to; CPR/Pediatric 1st Aid Certification, physical abilities assessment, TB and drug test.
- Must qualify for approval by agency insurance carrier to drive agency vehicles - minimum 3 years valid driver's license, no infractions if under age 25, no more than 1 minor infraction in last 3 years if over 25.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Must be flexible! The nature of this position is such that sometimes contracted families cancel visits with little to no notice. This is beyond the control of Casa de Amparo, and while we will pay for reporting time as required by law, we cannot guarantee scheduled shifts.
- BA in human science field preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English a plus.
13.75-14.25 / hour
Part time benefits: 3 days paid sick time, EAP
Full time benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan, 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation, 8 days paid sick leave.