Product Manager / Product Owner
RapidMiner, the industry’s #1 open source data science platform, is disrupting the industry by empowering all organizations to do real data science, faster and simpler. Our visually-based software accelerates the process of creating predictive analytics models and makes it easy to get the results embedded in business operations. For more information, visit www.rapidminer.com.
We are looking for a driven Product Manager/Product Owner to join and lead efforts in developing our Cloud based data science and predictive analytics platform.
You will have the opportunity to work in a growing start-up with a key role in shaping our next generation advanced analytics products for public and private cloud deployment with a focus on productivity and user experience for analysts and data scientists.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that has already delivered a market leading product used by the largest data science community.The challenge is to take this success to the next level in - user experience, computational power, and scale of cloud technologies.
You will work together with world-class product leaders, designers, and engineers in a fast moving and product focused team to deliver innovative and commercially successful products. Your role includes:
- Product management – engage with stakeholders, customers, prospects, and analysts to develop strategy, roadmaps, release plans, go-to market, packaging, and pricing to ultimately deliver the right products.
- Product Owner – backlog management, write epics and user stories, and set priorities.
- Drive and work closely with design and engineering in an agile product discovery process that engages closely with end users and tests concepts, mock ups, and prototypes to find the best solutions.
- Internal and some external product marketing to educate and promote the products.
Skills and Experience
- 2 or more years of Product Management and Product Owner experience in an agile/scrum process.
- Track record managing Web/Cloud based products as a Product Owner.
- Experience working on products for analytical, technical, or scientific users.
- Analytical skills and experience. Preferably in advanced analytics like machine learning and data science work. But, analysis of business or technical data using other tools like Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, or ETL tools/SQL, and Excel is sufficient.
- English language fluency – Hungarian or German is not essential but is a plus.
Additional Qualities We Are Looking For
- Passion for design excellence, usability & user experience in products.
- Knowledge of and passion for scrum and agile software development methodologies.
- Sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Enjoy running ideas, mock ups and prototypes by customers and new users.
- Experience in using standard tools in the product management/ development environment, such as Jira.
- Collaborative, team oriented, yet able to lead and drive as the PM and PO for the product.
- Like data driven decision making.
RapidMiner offers highly competitive salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
RapidMiner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
RapidMiner doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with RapidMiner.