Director of Investigations
Want to be Trustify's Director of Investigations?
Does the idea of helping to build and maintain a member base for a new excite you or scare you?
If it’s the former then please keep reading.
We're looking for our Director of Investigations to help redefine and improve upon the relationship with our network of private investigators. This role will report directly to our VP of Investigations and you will be working on developing and perfecting our network.
If you're looking for an opportunity to build relationships and help to grow a membership organization - we’d love to chat. If you can’t wait to be a part of the development of a world-class association - this job is for you.
Help us reshape how the World determines trust and safety
Like every fast-growing startup, we have our strengths and weaknesses, and we need someone who can fill in the gaps.
Our current team rocks at:
- Finding customers and making them very happy
- Rapidly iterating on our products
- Data-driven decision making
- Learning how to do things we've never done before
Where we need your help now
Your role and the association you will be helping to build at Trustify is critically important.
You will help us build and implement a membership development plan and retention strategy. You will conduct market research and be our point of contact with business and investigators. You will maintain our membership records and manage our relationships with the necessary outside vendors.
You’ll have a chance to work with our VP of Investigations directly to help develop and grow this association.
Example daily activities include:
- Implementation of the membership development plan, scalability, and management of departmental resources and setting workflow priorities
- Anticipation of problems and adjusting the allocation of resources accordingly
- On-line and off-line Member recruitment and retention campaigns
- Interpretation of membership recruitment and retention statistics and review of member research and recommendations
- The sale and delivery of association services to non-members
- Creation of polices and procedures
- Other activity, including affinity and sponsorship schemes
- Offering ideas for improvement or change in all operational areas
- Managing member communications including responding to member queries and the production and inventory of membership and marketing material e.g. letters, newsletters, e-bulletins and brochures
- Managing member events
- Conducting member market research
- Managing member recognition programs
- Assisting in PR activity including the publication of press releases
- Maintaining accurate membership records and marketing databases
- Managing affiliate activity and relationships with external suppliers
- Performing ad hoc duties as required
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, we'd love to meet you! We look forward to hearing about your previous experience and what you think makes you perfect for this role.
Is this job for you?
Do you have a professional attitude, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and a desire to help build relationships? This could be a great opportunity for you!
Are you organized and good at planning?
As we grow we’re looking to build this association to give back even more to the wonderful investigators in our network. This will include a lot of different things, and it’s important that whoever comes into this role is able to budget their time and stay organized.
We love people who can take an idea and own it from start to finish, collaborating or learning how to do everything needed to turn an idea into an action. We don’t expect people to know everything from day one, but most of us like to learn and figure things out quickly as we go.
If you know what we're talking about here and are excited by the opportunity to be an integral member of the team, read on!
Can you adopt a “get it done” mentality and move really, really fast?
We love to bring on team members who are solutions-oriented and aren’t afraid to take the steps necessary to remedy problems. We value people who enjoy learning new things, taking on new challenges, and finding creative solutions.
Are you okay with making mistakes?
We hope so - because we fully expect you to make them. If we’re not making mistakes, we’re probably not taking enough risks.
Where? How much?
We're located in Crystal City, just outside of Washington, DC. We expect that you'll be collaborating with us in the office most days.
- Competitive salary
- Casual attire
- PTO, sick days, and your Birthday off!
- 8 for 8 community service policy
- Health benefits – medical, dental and vision
- Long term and short term disability, and life insurance fully paid