Executive Director - Canton, MA
Senior Living Residences is looking for an experienced Executive Director for Cornerstone at Canton, assisted living and memory support community, located in Canton, Massachusetts.
Senior Living Residences (SLR), an industry leader, managing and operating assisted living and memory support communities across New England, is acclaimed for our forward-thinking, pacesetting innovations in the world of senior care that include the renowned Compass Memory Support Program, the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area. We are committed to working and partnering with like-minded people which has led to our long-standing affiliations with other ground-breaking organizations including the Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center and Oldways, Health Through Heritage, creators of the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid.
Known amongst our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and of course, care for our residents. We offer a culture of constant-learning and constant-improvement, always striving to set higher standards. In addition, our associates appreciate access to professional education as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes paid time off and holidays, retirement option with company match and various insurance benefits.
The Executive Director has primary responsibility for all operational aspects of the residence, including marketing and full occupancy, financial performance, regulatory compliance, supervision and staffing, and is responsible for all activities related to providing independent living and assisted living accommodations at the community.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have five or more years of management experience, preferably in the senior healthcare industry, with overall responsibility for operations, property management, staffing and budget development; working knowledge of sales and marketing.
- Computer proficiency, P/L responsibility. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to communicate and interact clearly and effectively with residents and their families, staff, off-site management, industry professionals, Community stakeholders and others as required.
- Must possess strong customer relations skills, and ability to foster a spirit of customer service, teamwork and cooperation among all associates at the Community.
- Must possess an acute sense of responsibility and moral integrity and a sincere desire to work with residents and ability to deal with residents under all conditions.
- Must possess a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm in order to create an atmosphere conducive to growth and overall success.
- Must be committed to the Senior Living Residences Right Values, the ethical principles that guide SLR and the Community.
Background checks will be completed prior to employment.