Senior Engineering Manager (M/F)
LaFourchette/TheFork is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager with experience at a pure player to lead technical teams working on Diners experience services - 4 teams, 15+ engineers strong
LaFourchette, part of TripAdvisor group company, is a pure player company and the european leader of restaurant online booking. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people go to restaurant!
LaFourchette company’s goal is to become the #1 app for restaurant online booking in the world.
Why joining us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable with an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS solution that provides several thousands of customers and Diners interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company with presence in a dozen countries and whose services are subject to heavy use combined with rapid growth? You want to build reliable back-end and scalable services to power the leader of booking online restaurant?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees and that values sharing and development of each of them.
What would you do at LaFourchette/TheFork
As a senior manager of 4 development teams:
- You will exhibit your leadership:
- to independently build and structure your 4 team and their chapters
- to define product strategy (with Diners XP Product), technical strategy and execution plan
- to act as an owner and to take responsibility when problems occur
- to empower engineers by removing roadblocks, delegating, escalating
- to manage activities of your 4 sections including costs, methods, and staffing.
- You will demonstrate your execution & planning capabilities in:
- Measuring, understanding and actively driving quality within Diners product area ‒ Contributing to long-term roadmap and strategy for their area
- Setting measurable goals and expectations then tracking them to get results
- Working on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implementing strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishing and assuring adherence to schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- You will use your technical skills:
- to understand, assess, and support the work of your directs
- to exhibit your exceptional systems awareness to understand and to identify dependencies
- to establish operational objectives and work plans, and to delegate assignments to subordinates.
What technologies are we using?
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design styleguides,
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on PHP 5.5/Symfony2&3 and NodeJS framework. We also use relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), memcache, RabbitMQ,
- Our architecture is moving to a SOA system with API and services communicating through JSON-RPC
- Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and ad hoc probes for specific needs,
- We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software
- We use JIRA and Confluence,
- We are using capistrano, jenkins, docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontally architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
- You are a seasoned manager with an experience of managing 10+ people
- You are at ease in an international environment
- You are rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset and a strong team spirit that allow you to adapt to a changing environment.
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in english.