Software Engineer (Front End)
At Onfido, we’re solving online trust at a global scale.
Millions of day-to-day interactions take place digitally: our mission is to help people and businesses trust each other, even when they’ve never met face-to-face. Today, we work with global customers, including JustGiving, Revolut, BlaBlaCar and Couchsurfing to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries.
But we’re just getting started! So far, we’ve been a pioneer in using deep learning to verify identity and reduce fraud. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products to drive trust, inclusion and safety in online business, collaboration and sharing.
We're looking for a talented frontend engineer to join our London-based team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are essential.
Some of the front-end projects we're working on
- Building rich analytic dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
- Designing and developing unique visualisations to explain and present fraud
- Building tools to combine machine intelligence with expert human insight at high scale
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
Our technology stack
We’ve pretty flexible about technology and like to pick the right tool for the job:
- We use React and Redux on the frontend
- We build services in Ruby, Elixir and Python
- We do our ML/CV work with Python and Tensorflow
- Our services run on Kubernetes and AWS
You can learn more about our front end engineers and their work on our blog.
Our team and values
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and Jasmine
- You are keen to take responsibility for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- You'll uphold and promote good practice in design, code quality and security
- You are passionate about designing, creating rich user experiences and usability
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (e.g. Ruby, PHP, Python)
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
Role Opening date: Wednesday 16th May 2018
Role Closing date: Wednesday 14th June 2018
Range of circa £50,000 to £85,000 per annum.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.