We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to join the JustPark team and help us take our product to the next level.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy - helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it - and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers - with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry - and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with a copious holiday package, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we believe you might too.
As a Software Engineer at JustPark your responsibilities would include:
- Implementing new features and APIs for use by mobile, web, hardware platforms and much more!
- Scaling our platform to accommodate a rapidly growing user base.
- Testing, refactoring and extending the features at the heart of the product.
- Following your curiosity to suggest new tools, methodologies and ideas to make our products and processes more awesome.
You should have the following qualities and experience:
- 4+ years experience building first-class software in a corporate or start-up environment using an OOP language such as PHP, Java or C#.
- You have an excellent knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems that follow microservice architectures.
- You see a feature only as finished when it's covered by automated tests.
- You are an authority on SQL and have also worked with alternative database paradigms such as NoSQL or Graph.
- Working in a team that plans, code reviews and pair programs together.
It's a bonus if you have:
- Experience working at a growing startup.
- Experience using the Symfony, Laravel or Lumen PHP frameworks
- Relevant experience in any of the following domains: pricing, booking platforms, payments, e-commerce, geospatial systems.
- A salary that is actually competitive
- Generous stock options to match
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Laptop of your choice, you'll just need to let us know whether you prefer Windows or Apple
- External training, conferences, and professional development sponsored by the company
- Quarterly team Away Days
- Early finish Friday for team drinks
- A monthly allowance to spend on parking at JustPark spaces
N.B - Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK for this role.